stalling out

I hit a bump with my 87 pathfinder the other day and now it sputters and sometimes stalls out when I hit the gas, even when not in gear. After a few seconds the engine will rev up again. I thought the fuel filter may be choking things so I replaced it with no effect. I don't want to start replacing things at random so I'm hoping someone could point me at the usual suspects. Some adjustment on the throttle body? dash pot? It is getting fuel and it will run if I can keep the revs up high enough.

any helpful suggestions would be appreciated, please send to snipped-for-privacy@ecf.utoronto.ca if possible.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Poulos