Stereo Malfunctions.... input needed

TYIA for whoever resonds to my thread.

I own a 2002 Xterra and am experiencing major electrical problems. I have had to return my truck to dealership I bought it from over 7 times for same electrical problem that is causing my stereo to short out(*BTW, it's currently in shop now for same problem).

The Serv Dep't simply replaces and amp and couple of fuses every time and never correctly fixes the electrical problem.

I am wondering what alternatives I have at this point, b/c it is painfully obvious my electrical problem in my stereo is never going to be correctly addressed by my dealership's Serv Dept?

Thanks again,

Frizzled and Frazzled around the edges

Reply to
disco

I would seriously consider taking it to a car audio shop instead. Having said that, ensure your dealership is aware of your intentions before you do it. If the dealership doesn't have the knowledge and resources to fix your problem, then they should be willing to accept your proposal so as to keep the customer satisfied. I would also get some sort of documentation stating that the dealership will pick up the cost of the work to be done at the car audio shop before any work takes place. You might as well go for some compensation for all your troubles as well......(some kinda free stuff thrown in). Remember that the customer is always right, but sometimes the customer isn't always aware of that. Just my 2 cents worth......hope it helps, and good luck.

Reply to
John

INVOKE the LEMON LAW

they owe you a new truck or a refund.

Reply to
Im Right

For an audio problem? Check again. They don't owe him a new vehicle or a refund. It varies per state to the exacting specifics, but that's about it in a nutshell.

Wil

Reply to
Truck