Freelander TD4 tailgate window 'electrical' problem

I am experiencing a strange problem with my 3-year old TD4's tailgate window.

Every now and again I return to the vehicle after a hard day's slog and see that the tailgate window has opened! The car is still locked and alarmed!

It only seems to happen in a certain location (either one of the two car parks where I park my car during working hours). It has never happened at home or in any other car park!

It has been back to the dealer where they could not find a fault.

My first thought was maybe some kind of electrical interference from another vehicle fob or perhaps mobile phone. The fact that it only happens in a certain car park is puzzling.

Any ideas?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Myers

Our 2001 Freebie has been seen to do this, we know it is not the handset being pressed to open the rear window (you do know it does this?). Apparently some Toyota keyfobs can trip the Freelander rear windows.... Land Rover dealerships should be able to help further with a TSB or something.

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Yes, I originally thought I was triggering the fob while it was in my pocket, so I began being ultra-careful and not touching the button until I was safely in the office :)

Even if this was the case, why would all of the doors remain locked? If the tailgate window is open when the car is locked the horn sounds.

BTW, what's a TSB?

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil Myers

TSB - Technical Service Bulletin. The frequency which allows the back window to drop when the fob is held down, is apparently the same as another cars normal unlock blip.....

We've avoided Toyotas...and ours has been fine ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee