Strange Starting/Ignition Problem with 93 SE V6 4X4 Hardbody Ext. Cab

My truck has developed an intermittent starting problem. Every once in a while it seems to lose power. It won't turn over and there are no dash lights. Electric windows don't work and the clock resets. If I leave the key in the ON position for 30-40 minutes the power will gradually come back starting with the dash lights and the truck will start again. The local repair shop says the battery and alternator are okay. My guess, from reading other posts, is there is an electrical short somewhere. Might anyone know where I can start looking for a short and/or what my next plan of attack should be?

Thanks to all who read this and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
bartman

You need to do some diagnostic work. Next time it happens, get to the fuse box with a meter and start testing to see if you have power at any of the fuses (both ends). Then back up to the engine compartment and eventually to the battery. It would help if you purchased a manual with an electrical & connector diagram to trace back and forth on the harness. Factory manual is suggested since the connector diagrams are excellent.

Reply to
- Bob -

Well it wouldn't be an electrical "short". Maybe an intermittent "open" in the primary wiring main. Fusible link? Main grounds? Not battery cables so to speak.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow