Tire recommendation for 2002 Altima?

My 2002 Altima is in need of a new set of tires (mileage is 39k) and I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation? Th Bridgestone Turanzas that the
car came with are ok, but I'm open to suggestions. I live in California, so the worst thing I have to deal with is rain.
Thanks
jb
JB wrote:

Michelin MXV4s.
The Turanza LS-T or LS-H are both excellent choices. Just avoid the Turanza OEM model that is on your car and you will be fine.

so
JB wrote:

It all depends upon your driving habits. You can buy 150 MPH speed rated tires, but if you never drive above 55, they are a waste of money. You probably don't need all season tires like we in the NE do. Just stay with your current wheel and tire size (unless you are changing wheels, as well), maximum weight, speed rating, and PSI, and select a well-known manufacturer. BTW, the TOYO tires that came on my 86 Pulsar lasted 70,000 miles. The Bridgestone and Goodyear tires after that didn't last as long added together.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm an 80 mph driver, which out here is like driving 60 on the east coast (I'm from NYC) and I was really surprised that the factory tires only lasted 39,000 miles.
jb
JB wrote:

My Toyo tires were driven 90 miles a day at speeds from 35 mph on local roads, up to 85 mph on the NYS Thruway, or the Palisades Parkway from Harriman NY almost to the NJ line and back. They lasted 3 and a half years ( @ ~20,000 miles per year). I made a typo in my last post. It was an 85 Pulsar, not an 86.