VIN Information Lookup?

Given you have the VIN number is there a site (Nissan or otherwise) that you can use to identify the original equipment, and configuration of the vehicle in question?

I've been all over Nissan's site, and Google, but I haven't found anything yet.

I have a 1995 KXE Pickup that I have been trying to get information for. The dealer has been less than helpful. I'm sure some form of lookup exists as almost every time I order a part they ask for the VIN number to qualify the correct part. When I ask the local dealer if one exists they tell me no, but I suspect they just don't want to expend any effort above what's absolutely necessary?

Thank you.

Louis

--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to

The VIN will only give you; Where it was built, Year it was built, Engine Type, Model/Series, Serial no., and the obvious one, Manufacturer. Here's the link

As for options and trim level, there is another code, usually below the VIN in the Driver's door jam. That is what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I have not seen the decryption codes for that.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Thank you for the URL.

Louis--