04 Altima Water swooshing noise

I get a water swooshing noise when I accelerate. When I am at a stop and then press the gas, I hear a water swooshing noise from behind the center console. I took it to Nissan yesterday and they claim that this is normal, that it's just the coolant. It's funny because I have had the car for over a year now and this is the first time I have ever heard this noise. I read somewhere else that it was due to an air bubble in the radiator hose. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Gus

Reply to
Gus Chiggins

I have a 02 altima and Im having nothing but heating problems and they tell me its an air bubble. I think its a recall and not enough people have complained to nissan about it yet. Good luck and get a 2nd oppinion

Reply to
safran2

I called Nissan back and complained and the person there told me that I wasn't the only one she heard this from. She then said she was going to place a call to another service department to find something else out, like if there had been any kind of a recall regarding this. I heard back from her once and all she told me was that she was still waiting for a return call. I was going to call back on Monday. I might be getting the yank but at least it's worth looking into. My heat hasn't been working to well either, and it's friggin' cold here in Cincinnati.

Reply to
Gus Chiggins

I just took my 2005 2.5 S in today for the same noise. I hear that swooshing noise when I hit the gas from a stop. Also, I hear it in turns sometimes. The dealership told me it was an air bubble in the cooling system. They flushed it and re-serviced it. They said it should be fine. If I hear it again take it back in. Well guess what? The noise is still there. So I guess I'll be taking it back in. If anyone has any recall info, let me know. I'll post a message if I hear anything.

Reply to
psjbailey

I called the Nissan dealer that I took mine to today. They tell me that there will probably be a "bulliten" coming out regarding this, but no recall. She was also telling me that there were probably just going to find a way to hide the noise instead of fixing whatever it is that is causing it. At least your dealer did something. I was just told it was normal and they didn't do a damn thing except waste my day. I'll keep posting as I find stuff out. Try going to this site (if you don't already) and check out what they say about it. Sorry, I don't have the tiny url thing.

Gus Chiggins

The swooshing noise is a problem. We have had our radiator replaced twice.....Don't wait for the thing to start leaking..and don't take ITS JUST AN AIR BUBBLE for answer.

By The way our car is only 7 months old

Reply to
Ranger155