02 altima heating problem

i have an 02 altima and the heat only blows out hot air when i am driving..if i am at a red light or anything it automatically starts to blow out cold air. what is the problem?

Reply to
hms1178

I have the same problem with my car and nissan said that it might be an air pocket, but then I got there and they put it under pressure and said its leaking I need a new radiator. I dont understand that because the fluid never has leaked on the ground and its always full. I put a new thermostat in it and its still does it. It really is aggrevating to me. Last year they had to replace the switch on the heat knob because the knob was only turning to med heat but I cant imagine that happening again. Let me know what you came up with.

Reply to
safran2

My 02 altima has the same problem with the heat not working while idling. I have had it in the shop 4 times and they keep replacing things and it is not fixing the problem. Has anyone had this problem actually fixed?

Reply to
saf3

I had the same problem and the Nissan dealer did a radiator flush and that fixed the problem. It has been fine since.

Reply to
AMC0810