98 Nissan Altima wont start

I have a 98 Altima that wont start because the Anti-theft computer has locked down the engine. I need to note that several months ago I had a aftermarket alarm installed and I chucked the remotes that came with the car originally(bad move on my part). With that being said my question is if I were to disconnect the anti-theft computer and created a by-pass from the starter to the starter disable circuit of the new alarm would it work?and if not what am I looking at to get it repaired?

Signed, Chris

Reply to
Chris Duncan

Here is a follow-up to this post I posted a couple of days ago. If you go under the hood to the fuse panel and remove the 40amp Power Windows Fuse(its the green one) the car will start. Here is my finding. The OEM anti-theft system and the power windows are tied into the same circuit so if the power windows don't work neither does the alarm thus allowing power to get to get to the starter. The next mission it to trace down the two wires that feed from the power windows to the anti theft system and go snip, snip. Does any one know of a good starting point?

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Duncan

Heres an update my Wife and I noticed that the car wont start with the doors closed so if you leave a door open the car will start. I thought I would mention that in case someone tried to attempt this.

Reply to
Chris Duncan

"Chris Duncan" wrote in news:RTQhf.26421$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

Try this:

Close all doors. Don't set the aftermarket alarm system. Lock doors with the key at the driver's door. Remove the key from the door. Unlock the doors. Get in the car, sit down, and try to start it.

Some times the car has to be convinced that you are friendly.

Reply to
Gordon reeder