altima heating problem

hi:

I have an 1993 altima 5 speed that is having a heating problem. the heating coming out above the dashboard is warm (as one would expect). however the heat coming out of the vents is cold (is feels like it is may be outside air). I have made sure the re-circulate button is shut off which I believe would prevent outside air from coming in.

could someone please tell me how to troubleshoot and figure out what the problem is? I have did a little research and thought it may be the thermostat or heater core.

I have felt the hoses going from the engine to the firewall and they appear to be warm. however, the hose going from the thermostat to the bottom of the radiator is cold.

a very easy steps would be much appreciated

thanks

BA

Reply to
BA