disable altima engine light?

Hi. How do I permanently disable my 1995 Altima's check engine light? Thanks alot in advance.

WHy would you want to disable it ??? It is their to tell you the vehicle needs to be checked. A non working CEL will instantly fail a vehicle inspection

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

remove the bulb.

Reply to
Sam

Because the engine light has been on for two years and car runs fine.

sqdancerLynn wrote:

CEL turns on for a reason. Something is busted, sensor or something. That means you will fail the smog check. Or you can remove the bulb. Then the CEL won't work, and you'll fail the smog test anyways.

Why don't you find out what code the computer is giving to cause the CEL and fix the problem?

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>how do i remove the bulb? do i have to take the whole dash out? It won't

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com