1995 Altima differential leak

Transmission leak, changed the seals (driver's side axle is less than a year old as a result of a boot cut) even with the new seals the passenger side still leaks - a few drops a day. It went up on the lift and the mechanic pointed out that the passenger side axle seemed to be into the differential at a slight angle and that's why it's leaking. Someone in the shop suggested removing the transmission and changing the internal seals. Transmission is out and open. There are no internal seals at the differential. Passenger side axle has a bearing and bracket mounted to the engine. The bearing shows some slop. Would vibration as a result of this wear cause a leak at the differential seals? It's going to get another new axle but I sure wish I had seen that before the transmission was removed and split.

Bill

Reply to
Bill