QUICK SOLUTION: 1993 nissan altima starter/solenoid stuck

I'm about to replace the starter/solenoid on my 93 altima because it seems to get "stuck". In the meantime I've found an easier solution to jacking the car, crawling under (this is slightly embarrassing in the middle to a shopping mall lot). Located in the emergency scissor jack tool bag is the hooked handle used for turning the jack. Take this out. There is a space of about 1-2 cm behind the valve cover and between the #3 and #4 intake manifold where this tool can be slid into in order to tap the starter. It's the perfect length/width, and you'll be on your way in 20 seconds.

Just thought I would share. In the meantime, I'm waiting for a warm day so I can fix it for good.

Reply to
Luke

Good info, Luke.

Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Papa Ray

I am trying to locate the starter in my 1993 Nissan Altima. Can I get to it without having to jack the car up

-- tmphan8

View this thread:

Send from

tmphan8