Nissan Altima 2.5S

I have a 2003 Altima 2.5S with less than 4000 miles on it. I find that it does not like to rune cold (I have to start it and let it run for 3-5 minutes or it shifts real hard) and I don't seem to be getting the estimated mileage the dealer said I would do. Any similar problems?

Reply to
catgirl095

You didn't say, but is it an automatic? How many miles, how long or miles has it been since it has had new plugs? If its cold(like under

35 degrees or so) it is normal for it to shift a little jerkey until the transmission fluid gets up to temp. Have it checked or check it youself to make sure it has the correct level of fluid (DO NOT overfill it).

Milage will vary, depending on how driven, where driven and what tune the engine is in. Driving around town, stop and start, idle time and such your milage may be up to ten miles a gal less than driving at a steady speed of 70 on the highway using your cruise control.

Keeping the car tuned, using the right weight of oil, the correct psi in the tires and keeping your foot out of the accelerator your car will give the best mpg that it can.

Dealers tell lies, look on the net for other peoples gas mileage and get a general comparison number. But don't feel bad if your a little under them. Cars are like people, they are all different and no one person drives like the other or under the same exact road and traffic conditions.

Reply to
Papa Ray

Reply to
Scott McCrae