Service Engine Soon Light

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I am new to this group. My service engine soon light went on just after the car's warranty expired. Is there a way to reset it so that I can see if there really is something wrong? Does it automatically come on once the warranty is over? Thanks, please post replies.

Reply to
Ken

no it does not automatically come on after the warranty has expired or at a preset mileage.

If the light is on then there is something wrong

Reply to
NissTech

There *may* be something wrong.

If you read the manual, at least for the 2002-2003 car, it says the light could come on accidentally for a host of reasons, such as the gas cap is not screwed on tightly enough.

Or, there *could* be something wrong. That "something" could range from not serious to very serious. Unfortunately, the light doesn't communicate much other than the fact that you should get the car to a dealer ASAP, which is what you should indeed do.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby