04 Max interior noise

I have an 04 Max SE that now has 1500 miles on it. (I traded an 01 Max GLE) I really like the car...handles great, better gas milage than the 01, etc. The only thing I really am finding annoying is the interior noise level. The

01 was a much quieter car. I am thinking that the tires (Eagles) are the main source of the noise, as it seems to change with road surfaces. The problem is that somehow that tire noise transmits into the cabin very efficiently, and reverberates with this hollow, tinny sound. I was wondering if any one else has noticed this? Is this just a characteristic of this model? I plan to do to the dealer and test drive another car to see if it makes the same noises.
Reply to
Sam

Yeah mine is quite noisy - my Tundra is definitely quieter. But I luv the Max.

Reply to
Bob H

The SE's are known for road noise mostly due to the sportier low profile and wider tires. You get that hollow sound. A friend of mine bought Good Year Assurance tires for his '99 which made a significant reduction in the noise level.

Cheers!

Reply to
PathfinderHero