1990 Maxima timing belt

I have not reached the mileage for a belt replacement. Should I replace it anyway because of the time between the last change which is about 3 years?

Reply to
Secret Agentman

Check the maintenance schedules in the owner's manual. Three years seems a little too soon if you haven't reached the mileage either.

Reply to
E. Meyer

3 years isn't a problem. I don't really start to worry time wise until about 8-10 years. Most people never exceed the time before the mileage becomes the issue.
Reply to
Steve T

it should be replace after 5 years or 60,000 miles , whichever comes first

Reply to
NissTech