1999 Infiniti i30t tail light lens cover replacement

I brought my car in to get the rear spoiler repainted, now I find a 3/4 inch chip in the corner of my right rear tail light assembly. I brought the car back to the shop and asked the owner if it could happen there, he said that his guys are very good at owning up to breaking things and since they did not do that, he doesn't think it happened at his shop. The only way for the right lower left corner to chip off is when the trunk is open so he said that I must have dragged something out of the trunk and hit it. However, I am very careful and have never doen that. He then said he would replace the light assembly with free labor if I paid him his cost for the light.

I looked at both my lights, and since my car is a 1999, there is some wear visible on the light assembly. Should I replace both lights which will become expensive, or should I replace just the damaged one. Also. another thought is to leave as is and replace only if I want to sell car, but then I would have to either do it myself or fork out the labor cost. Any ideas?

Reply to
singorchid

If it lets rainwater in, go find replacement from junkyard, or just glue or block with silicone. Your car is now about 7yrs old, value as investment long gone... wait for the bigger worries:)

Reply to
Wiikinki