2000 check engine light

A few days ago my check engine light came on. AutoZone checked it and all they got on the read out was code p1320, ignition sys misfire. also my tcs and slip lights have been coming on intermittently but after restarting they're out. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

IKO

Reply to
iko

This misfire code is probably a bad ignition coil. Common problem with '00s

Reply to
Jim

I have had both of these problems... strangely at the same time, though I am confident they are unrelated.

1) Ign system misfire- I have had 2 separate coil packs go bad. Got that code and the engine ran really rough from time to time until I got it fixed.

2) Tcs & Slip- A known issue with the computer. My dealer showed me something about it in a TSB. He re-flashed the memory in the on board computer and I have not had the problem since. This procedure took about an hour. When I had the problem, the tcs and slip lights came on steady... I drove it to the dealer immediately so he could record the condition. The OBD computer showed a tcs malfunction. We turned the ign off and back on and the condition was gone. He flashed the memory just to be sure.

Reply to
E Crain