2000 maxima 3.0 V6 cylinder layout?

My 2000 Maxima has a miss in cylinder #4 according to my OBDII reading. This happens when it is raining, or in today's case, snowing with wet roads. This car has no distributer, so I can't follow the wires. What is the cylinder layout of the 3.0 V6?

Reply to
willshak

my guess is #4 is center rear. Each cylinder has its own coil pack (the ones on the front head are under a cover, just whip out your allen wrench and it exposes them), which also should have some kind of seal for the spark plug cavity. Then they have a rigid rubber conduit/ wire thing that goes down to the spark plugs. could have a defective coil if water is starting to foul them.

Reply to
y2kbug

cylinders 1 3 and 5 are closest to the fire wall and cylinders 2 4 and 6 are closest to the radiator.

BTW , replace the coil's. that will fix your problem

Reply to
NissTech

on 11/19/2007 8:22 PM NissTech said the following:

Thanks NT. I was worried that #4 was in the rear which is a lot harder to get at.

Reply to
willshak