2000 Maxima with sticking throttle

Hi... My Dad has a 2000 Maxima that he bought new. He's put Aprrox. 20K miles on it so far, with a mix of highway & local driving.

Problem is, the gas pedal seems to either stick, or the car "Lurches" (His word) from a dead stop or slow speeds, esp. when pulling away from a light, or going slow enough to turn into a parking lot, etc. For some reason, he says that it happens more often in a left turn than right. He took it to the dealer a month or so ago and they cleaned the throttle body, but now the problem is back. I can't find any TSBs or recall notices about this problem. It hasn't happened when I've been in the car.

Any ideas/ suggestions??? Thanks...

Matt

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Reply to
MDinzey

Does he have a manual transmission? Sounds a bit like the fuel-cut issue, or 'throttle-transition' sensitivyty as Nissan put it. There was a TSB and upgraded ECM code alleviated it somewhat.

But I traded my 2000 manual in for a 2002 auto because they never really solved the problem for me.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MD>Hi...

Reply to
Pat

We bought our 2000 Maxima new also, and immediately noticed that the throttle was very sensitive just off idle.

We've come to live with it, never thinking that anything was wrong.

By the way we have about 67,000 absolutely trouble-free miles. I've changed the oil and tires, that's it.

Larry Davick

Reply to
Larry Davick

I have found that regular cleaing of the butterly valve just inside the intake manifold minimizes this effect. My 2000 Accord also had this problem. It is simple to clean and takes only 10 minutes with little experience.

Reply to
Miles Teg