2000 maxima fuel hose detached from body

I noticed yesterday that the fuel filler hose behind the gas door on my 2000 maxima is unattached from the body, and as a result there's a small gap between the fuel hose and cap and the rubber ring on the body, through which spray from the tire comes up. I am pretty sure its not supposed to be this way.

Is this a known problem on 2000 maximas? Is there a quick fix? Is there a recall (if its a known problem).

I am the second owner, bought it right off a lease, and am quite sure it hasn't had any accidents.

Thanks

HH

Reply to
Haris

no, it is not supposed to be that way

no, it is not a "known" problem. no, there is not a recall. so you will probably have to accept responsability and pay to get it fixed or fix it yourself

Reply to
NissTech