2000 maxima oversteer

Hey guys..

I've been driving my maxima quite a bit, and had a couple of hard braking happen couple of days ago.

Seems like there's noticeable oversteer (steering wheel shakes left/right) when I go on the highway past 100kmph. What's a good solution - already had the tires rotated, reduced the vibrations a great deal?

One more question, how much gas (approx) is in the tank once the engine light comes on?

Thanks.

Reply to
DukeN

A shaking steering wheel, oversteer, vibrations... not sure what your post is about..

  • A shaking wheel or pulsating brake pedal while braking is likely warped rotors.
  • Shaking at high speeds could be the result of worn suspension components, bent rims, bad tires, out of balance rims/tires.
  • Just fill up at 1/4 tank. (The gas light comes on with probably ~2 gallons or so left in the tank).

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 120k
Reply to
njmodi