Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1991 MAX SE Crank Pulley Removal
I'm looking for some advice on how to remove the crankshaft pulley nut from my 1991 Maxima SE 5spd. I'm changing the timing belt and have come to the point of getting the crank pulley off and can't...
13
13

Max SE 2k - Buzzing sound upon accelleration
Hi all I have been experiencing a metallic buzzy sound when I hit the accellerator, mostly within the 1800-2200 RPM range. Finally took the car to a shop and they diagnosed it as a loose/rusty heat...
5
5

95 maxima stalling + 0103 ECU code
I have a nissan maxima with 115k miles. It shakes and stalls a few minutes after getting started (no matter moving or idling), unless the gas is pushed really hard. After stalling, it would not start...
3
3

90 rear exhaust manifold
I need to fix a leaking rear exhaust manifold on my 90 GXE. Two of the bolts into the head have broken or rusted off, and I suppose the gasket has blown out, or the manifold is warped. Anybody fix...
4
4

vibration at 65+mph
Over the past 6-12 months I've had a stubburn vibration on my '97 Max. After repeated highspeed balancing, 4 wheel alignment, complete brake and suspension check by certified Nissan mechanic, problem...
7
7

60K maintenence service
I have a 98 Nissan Maxima and i'm geting ready to crack the 60K mark. Does anyone have any recommendations for independent shops that will do a reasonably priced, good quality 60K maintenence service...

Jack Stands!
Who make a stand or an adapter for the stand that has a slot for the flange on the lower sill? Many cars have this but I can't seem to find any jack stand for this arrangment. JoeS909

jecs air meter
I'm posting from UK, I have a 94 Maxima with 118k miles which has an erratic fault. Apart from this the car is in good order. The symptoms are good performance from cold but misfires and poor response...
13
13

Brake Clicking Sound
OK, about a year ago I replaced the front rotors and brakes(generic nothing special) on my 2002 maxima. I haven't had any problems until now(about 13000 miles since new parts). The problem that I am...
1
1

Re: 2001 Max SE Electrical System Problems
Slow386: ...I'm on my third alternator·... I am now on my second alt guts... wonderin whattodo next. see cold-as-algore winter; two bulbs burned after 20-40hrs. I complained to Osram and received six...

2000 maxima can't start.....
Hi, I have a 2000 maxima, and the mileage is 129000. This morning everything was fine when I drove to school. But tonight I found somebody broke into my car and stole some stuffs, and when I tried to...
1
1

R135a hi/lo side pressures? '99 Max GLE
What are the high and low side refrigerant pressures for my Max? My son has a manifold. I know the quantity should be about 1.41 lbs. Jim G
1
1

Urgent Help: Infiniti I30 disabled!
I made a stupid mistake today. I left window open and when I came back, I use my hand to open the door from inside. That triggered an alarm and I cannot turn the engine on! The problem is my keyless...
2
2

Front End shaking
While I'm here, I might as well ask. The front end (or it could be rear end) of my max has been shaking. I thought it might be my tires. The front right tire was at 50 PSI. To be honest, I'm not sure...
3
3

Aux in on Non Bose HU?
I read the post about the aux input for a CD changer on the Bose HU and was wondering if anyone knew if a 96 non Bose system had an aux input capability. Thanks
3
3