R135a hi/lo side pressures? '99 Max GLE

What are the high and low side refrigerant pressures for my Max? My son has a manifold. I know the quantity should be about 1.41 lbs.

Jim G

Reply to
Jim G

Ya gotta weigh the stuff as you can't determine proper pressures merely from gagues like the R12 days. With the smaller amounts of refrigerant the over/under charge by percentage is critical. The variable compressor compensates to provide spec pressure regardless of amount, to a point. Best to evacuate and charge with measured weighted amount.

A good shop has a machine that will pull the old stuff out, weigh it, filter it, and then replace / replenish it for maybe 40 bucks. All automatic and unattended. Might take 30 minutes.

Or you could buy a can and a hose & just guess. While you're there, price a new compressor in case your guess is off the mark.

Jim G wrote:

Reply to
error404