Front End shaking

While I'm here, I might as well ask.

The front end (or it could be rear end) of my max has been shaking. I thought it might be my tires. The front right tire was at 50 PSI. To be honest, I'm not sure how it didn't blow out. The front left was at about 33 PSI. I let out the air in the front right tire to get it down to about 33. The front end still shakes. Is that due to the tires? I do need new tires, but is that definitely my problem or is there another reason my car shakes as I drive. Alignment? Balancing? Axle problem?

Reply to
Dominique Feteau

You need to provide a lot more information.

Year, mileage, any interesting noises when moving back or forward or turning.

Tires should be set to the pressure on the drivers door jam, mine for my 95 says 29 PSI.

rtt

***
Reply to
Richard Tomkins

It's a 98 Maxima SE, 113K mileage. Just had a tune up done at around 110K. Told me I needed new tires. Didn't say anything about the axles or anything like that. Anytime I get over 60mph, it starts shaking really hard.

Any clues?

Reply to
Dominique Feteau

Tire balance, overpressure can do damage. Get the new tires, and well balanced.

Reply to
Wiikinki