90 Maxima SE: Adjusting the driver's door 'up'.

I need to adjust the door upward so that it will close properly. Looking at the shop manual, I think what it's saying to do with it's really excellent drawings is totighten up the top bolt on the lower bracket where it bolts into the car body. The bolts that bolt into the car body look difficult to get to. Do I have to take off the front fender in order to get to these? Is that the correct bolt to tighten in order to raise the door?

Thanks,

Danny Llewallyn

Reply to
Danny Llewallyn

Oh well, it was worth the bandwidth... :-)

I'm just too chicken to take that front fender off just to get to those bolts. Other options are 1) crowbar the sucker 2) open the door up while a car is speeding by and let the car tear the door off the hinges 3) just leave it the hell alone like I've done for the past 10 years 4) trade the sucker in before something else stupid goes wrong with it 5) just ride my Fatboy and be done with it.

Reply to
Danny Llewallyn

I've never had a problem with my max, but on sentras, there is a brass bushing in the lower hinge that wears/falls out and the hinge should be replaced. I popped the fender entirely off, closed the door, replaced the hinge, opened the door & propped it up on wood to be about 1/2 inch higher, loosened & tightened the screws & it worked great.....

Sentra has screws, some cars have the hinges welded in, don't know about the max...

Failed to get the fender liner in right, drove 2 miles on the highway & ripped it out. (Got a new one from courtesy Nissan waiting to go in)...

Gary K

Reply to
gary

Reply to