Climate control lights ONLY aren't showing up

Hi. Recently I did a modification to make my clock stay on bright even with the headlights turned on. It required for me to cut a red wire with a blue line going through it. After doing it, the lights lighting up my auto climate control unit went out (blue/red arrows, auto, econ, off button, etc.) The display is fine when I use it, but the lights now being on leaves me feeling for buttons when driving at night. I reconnected the wire in hopes of it working again, but it doesn't. What could I have possible done? Ideas? Thanks

Reply to
99blackmax

This is common on the 98 and 99 Maxima. They have the same auto-climate control unit, and the bulbs are easily damaged and replaceable, too. The best thing to do is goto Maxima.org ans search for auto climate control bulbs or something like that. There's a nice thread on this subject with decent pics. I had a similar issue in my 98 and took the the main display out and replaced the buls.

CD

Reply to
Codifus