93 max bad automatic transmission 198k mi.

Love my max hate to get rid of it but no reverse or drive with this tranny, only moves in 1 or 2. Was thinking about installing a used JDM tranny for about $1000. Anyone have any experience doing this?

Reply to
hispeedprc

I've installed several used tranmissions over the years. I've always been lucky, but it's a crap shoot. Sure, they'll give you another one, but they won't pay to have it installed.

Reply to
JimV

Get it rebuilt at a good shop. ~$1500.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE (both w/ rebuilt trannies) 06 SE
Reply to
Chris H

Reply to
hispeedprc