93 Maxima SE Problem

I have a 93 maxima SE Automatic.When driving on long distances after about

300km the engine misses and backfires.

Today when driving from Pretoria to Louis Trichardt in the northern province of South Africa it happen again after about one hours driving.I removed the distributorcap,the rotor and the small disc underneath the rotor.I noticed that the disc were very dirty and cleaned it.The car were running good for about another hour and everything started from the beginning.

Why is the disc getting dirty?

Cobus Holtzkampf

Reply to
cobus