89 maxima non-digital speedometer intermitantly going dead

This is wierd. The speedometer is going dead and coming back alive at various times while i'm driving. I saw a post about a speed sensor, but I don't think my cruise control is affected like that one. Just the speedometer, odometer. RPM indicator is working O.K. too. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Netman

Reply to
netman

Sounds like a speed sensor but could be the head unit.

You don't think? :-) I'd test and make sure as that pin points the problem.

Reply to
Steve T