95 Max non-Bose radio

Are the speaker outputs from the basic non-Bose radio/cassette anything special? (in contrast to the special output from Bose to the amp'ed speakers). Can the non-Bose speakers be replaced with aftermarket speakers, or are some signal issues I need to worry about? I am thinking of putting in a stock am/fm/cassette stacked with the then-optional CD player (2-din total). I already have some very nice aftermarket speakers installed, and have an amp if I can figure out a way to connect to the stock head unit. Any insight appreciated, TIA Bob

95 SE Auto
Reply to
BeeP

I just replaced my Nissan (Clarion) radio with a Sony xplod series. The other radio died. I got a wiring adapter, did the deed and everything is fine.

The one thing that aftermarket radios do not have is the diversity antennae capability, so you end up at some intersections inching forward to cancel multipath reception problems, which you don't really hear very well while driving.

So, in answer to your question, replace the speakers without problem.

Depending on the size of the amp, there may be enough space in the dash.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins