95 Nissan - no heat!

I am clueless about cars. I'm having trouble starting and I have no heat. It was 15 degrees earlier this morning. I had to pump on the gas a few times as I turn the key for the car to start. Everyday it's getting worse...sounds like one of these days it's not going to start at all! In warm weather I never have this problem. Battery is fine. I just had it checked at Strauss a few weeks ago. In addition, all of a sudden...I have NO HEAT!!! I have no idea why this is happening and before I take my clueless self to a mechanic, I want to be informed. Any suggestions at what I should do??? Thank you!

Reply to
apsNY

Bad thermostat? It's a likely cause of no heat. Of course there are other possibilities. Does the car reach proper operating temperature (as indicated on the temperature guage)? If not thermostat is likely. If the car does get hot enough, then maybe you're not getting hot water to the heater core, or hot air from it.

Reply to
David