A/C control

I have a 97 Maxima, standard A/C NOT climate control! When the buttons are pressed to control air direction, they do not work. Air is routed thru the dash vents and the floor vents only, no matter what button is selected.

I need to know if this is a vaccum or electrical control system. (There are doors in the air flow system that are controlled by the air flow control panel), but I do not know if they are electrical motors or vaccum doors. Can anyone enlighten me?

I am selling the car and need to fix this, although it's not really been a problem to me, it will look bad to the buyer. The car is a 97 sage mist green color and I am interested in buying ANY exterior part already painted this color, so if anyone has a junker, please contact me at johna at almand dot net.......for any parts you might want to sell or information on my problem with the A/C I specifically need a passender exterior rear view mirror and a tail lamp ass. for the drivers side quarter panel. \ TIA. John

Reply to
Bitsbucket

The main control amplifier pcb, where buttons are attached, drive the 'servo' motors. Thus the flaps are electrically, mechanically controlled. (Temp ctrl flap may have direct wire-rod control.)

The main water (at firewall) valve is vacuum powered, electric ctrl.

Check

Wiikinki