A/C Leak Detection For DIY'ers

It seems as soon as I solve one problem...oh well you know the rest.My

94 Max 150k,AC was oddly not working recently and I foud it to be down 1lb. of refridg. S I added that amount ad it worked for 3 weeks.Yesterday it failed again but when I added it only operated for about 30 minutes. My question is which one of the leak detectors that are available in the auto stores is the best one,if any? As always your help is much appreciated.

94 GXE -134A

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

The best and easiest leak detector is the electronic kind with the "sniffer" wand. But they are very expensive. If you can rent or borrow one, they make your work SO much easier that looking around for some colored dye.

Chris

Reply to
Chris H

If you can't find the leak, you may want to try an A/C stop leak product. Can't vouch for their quality, but may temporarily solve an aging seal problem. If you can't find the stuff, send me a note, and I'll try to dig up a name.

TTTembo

Reply to
TTTembo