abs system brake failure

i recently wrecked my 2002 maxima the body is now fixed the other day i was driving my car and when i stepped on the brakes the car made a noise and the brake pedal just got hard but the car did not stop it just kept going i had to use the emergency brake to stop -- if you slam on the brakes it stops and if you baby sit the brakes it stops but if you press on the brakes regular it makes a noise and the peddle gets hard and the car does not stop can any one help it would be appreciated on where i should start my hunt thank you

Reply to
maresstv

...where i should start my hunt thank you How did it wreck, which parts were replaced?

- run ABS self diagnostics, link to 2k model info via here:

out-rule ABS by disabling it by takinABS fuse out. tst.

- my guess is that one wheelsensor and/or wire was damaged in the crash.

Reply to
Wiikinki