Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95-99 Maxima rear quarter panel?
Does the 4th generation Maxima has a REAR quarter panel, or is it an integral part of the unibody? Mine was hit recently, and I'd like to know if it can be replaced as opposed to repaired. Thanks...
5
5

94 Max will not shift 2-3
I bought this 94 Maxima knowing the trans was out. Pulled the trans and found the band and 3rd gear clutches burned up. I rebuilt the trans replacing all clutches and band. On the first test drive I...
4
4

91 Maxima Transmission just stopped
Hi everyone 1991 Maxima 3 liter Auto, 110 000 km on clock (70 000 miles). Up to this problem, all has been fine ... a great car! Absolutely no symptoms prior (as far as I could tell). Symptoms: Drove...
16
16

keyless entry receiver module
my brother got a replacement remote for his maxima. Unfortunately the new remote doesn't work and he's not sure if its the car's receiver module or the remote that doesnt work. He attempted the...
5
5

Parasitic battery drain?
I have a '97 Maxima SE that appears to have a parasitic battery drain problem. My wife drives the car short distances, leaves it for several hours, then the engine won't turn over when she tries to...
3
3

96 Maxima, knock when cold
I have a 96 Maxima (~125k miles) that when I start it up and it's cold outside (which is very often here in southern Minnesota) there is a knock in the engine until it warms up. The knock appears to...
9
9

power antenna retracts too far
Hi, I recently bought a 97 maxima and had to replace the antenna mast which was broken off. It is working alright except when the antenna retracts down it goes about 1/2 inch into the tube. I wouldn't...
2
2

Prestone 5/150 coolant any good ? Says Dex-Cool certified but silicate free
Can any of the tech guys comment on Prestone 5/150 silicate-free extended life anti-freeze? I just put the yellow bottle prestone in about 4 months ago and read that silicates are NOT good for my max...
21
21

P 745 Pressure Control Solenoid malfunction
My 97 Maxima SE won't pass inspection due OBD II code of P 745 - pressure control solenoid. It has something to due with air intake. Last week I replaced the starter and had to remove some of the air...
1
1