Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Intermittent Hard Start, 97 Max
My 97SE 5spd (121k) has given me intermittent starting problems. It began in winter as a refusal to crank. Key off, key on, still wouldn't crank. If I removed the key and reinserted it, it would crank...
14
14

1987 Nissan Maxima Sensor Light
The muffler system was replaced about two months ago. The sensor light has recently come on. The muffler system seems to be working( no noises). Any suggestions?
1
1

won't rev over 2k
I have a 95 max with 5 speed. It starts and idles perfectly. When accelerating in any gear it will cut out and then begin to buck like crazy as soon as it hits 2000 rpm. Doesn't seem to be dependant...
3
3

maxima cigarette lighter
Hello, I have a 98' Nissan Maxima SE. The cigarette lighter never worked. I would like the use it to charge my cell phone. Does anyone here know what could be wrong and how to fix it? Could it be a...
17
17

94 maxima error code 51 HELP
94 maxima auto 6cyl I got into my car the other day and got the dreaded check engine light. The car runs rough at idle and when i did the self diag on the PCM using the red/grn lights i got error 51,...
2
2

rough idle after spark plug change
Hi, everyone. I need your expert advice! I have a 97 gle with 68k. When I was replacing spark plug on cyl. 5 I lifted EVAP purge valve and bent the tubes for easy access. Well, after replacing all...
21
21

Hard start
I have a 95 Maxims SE with 82000 miles on it. I had four injectors replace after one of them failed. The other two had been replaced four years ago. Now the car wont start as quickly as it did before...
2
2

2000 Maxima: Engine Codes P0303 and P1320
So I got a code reader as a christmas gift and finally needed it when my Maxima's check engine light came on. The car seemed sluggish and when idling, the engine was obviously not running right...
4
4

Replace brakes with OE or aftermarket?
I am considering replacing the brake pads and on my 02' Maxima by my self. I figure this is one of the few jobs that most do-it-yourselfers can actually handle. What is the difference between the...
8
8

Help - 96 Maxima Blower not working
The blower on my wife's 96 stopped working today (and it is supposed to be 25 in Georgia tomorrow morning). I have done a bunch of reading tonight about the resistor pack problems that effect the 1,2,...
6
6

1995 Nissan Maxima starting problem
Hello, I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima, around 140,000 miles. A few months back, I was trying to start the car and it would not start. I pushed a bit more and suddenly the Engine Check light came on. The...
6
6

90 Maxima Transmission problems
Recently having weird problem with automatic transmission. About 1/2 the time when starting cold transmission starts in 2nd gear. If you turn ignition off and restart, it will drive and shift...
9
9

P0420 OBD reading on 2001 Infiniti I30
My car has 70,500 miles, and a few months back the Service Engine Soon Light came on, and the car was idling rough at stop lights or when parked. Also, the fuel efficiency has significantly decreased...
3
3

1990 Maxima - heater problem.
Getting very little heat out of the heater. Flushed the heater core and appears to be OK. Did quick bypass of the heater control valve on the firewall and am not getting any coolant flowing to the...
10
10

$140 labor charge to reprogram ECU on P0420 Code?
Help! How did you get NISSAN to back you with the dealer???? I'm having EXACTLY the same problem right now, and NISSAN is saying the Emissions Control Warranty DOES NOT apply!!! Any chance you could...
26
26

New Maxima's Ugly Grille
I waited 14 years to replace my 1990 Maxima - waiting for a style injection which finally came in 2003 (love it or hate it). However, I can't get over that ugly grille with the big chrome center piece...
13
13

2004 Maxima VDC "Vehicle Dynamic Control"
Looking at buying a new 2004 Nissan Maxima it has everything but VDC "Vehicle Dynamic Control". Which saves me 900.00 bucks. Do most people get this option or do they pass on it? From what I have read...
4
4

Will Stop Leak work?
I have a power steering leak, coming from the rack. I want to try a stop leak product (from gold eagle) which says it can be used in all powersteering units and compatible with all power steering...
3
3

Bose system specs
Hi, does anyone knwo the system specs for the Bose system in the 2001 Max se? I'm wondering things like how many watts the amp puts out per channel (RMS) and if possible, frequency response for the...
1
1

Drive Cycles to Clear ECM Monitors? Am I the Only One?
I'm having difficulty finding anyone that knows about this...evidently this Nissan has hard to clear monitors. Had a dead knock sensor in our 96 GXE (VQ30DE) so I replaced it then reset the ECM. Just...
18
18