Best Rated threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

P0105
Hi People, The "Check Engine" light on my 97 maxima came on and when I read the error using an ECU error reader I got a P0105. P0105 corresponds to MAP sensor (thats what the ECU error reader said). I...
4
4

Soft Brake Pedal - '91 SE
I've noticed in the last few weeks that my brake pedal feels softer than before. The car stops just fine, the pads and rotors are in good shape, and there's plenty of brake fluid. I just have to press...
4
4

Squeaking front end on 96 maxima
My 96 Maxima has been a great car for 150,000 miles. At around 120K a squeaking, creaking noise began coming from somewhere in the front end suspension at low speeds, expecially turning the front...
4
4

Where is Day Time Running Module located on 2001 SE Maxima
When the headlights are turned on (for night driving) on low beam, only the driver side headlight comes on. Both lights are on during day time. Same for highbeams. I replaced both bulbs. Fuses are ok....
2
2

Diagnostic port 87 maxima
Anyone know where the diagnostic port is located on a 1987 Nissan Maxima 3.0 V-6? Would a regular scanner pull the codes or do I need a special scanner to pull the codes stored in the computer? thanks...

Sunroof Light Won't Go Off
Hi, I have an '03 Altima and on Friday the battery died. Wound up installing a new one. Now the "ASC" light (whatever that is) for the sunroof stays on red whenever the car is running. The sunroof...
1
1

Re: Can anyone identify this hose? (97 Maxima SE)
that is the vent hose for the automatic transmission. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
4
4

95 Maxima bad hesitation
Hi all. First of all, thank you to the participating experts in this group. You all really helped MadNeighbors with his stalling. I have a problem that is very similar, but I want to avoid the expense...
9
9

99" Maxima "Creaking Noise from rear"
Hey guys, I recently have noticed this creaking noise coming from the rear when I go over a bump. It even makes it when I start to accelerate from a stop. It's really really annoying. I do have...

Coolant leak in IACV-AAC
Thank you very much for your reply. I read some discussions on the Internet about bypassing the coolant hoses on the IACV-AAC for performance reason. Some discussion also mentioned that the bypass may...
4
4

Best Front Struts for '96 Maxima
My 1996 Maxima needs new front struts according to our local repair shop. They were suggesting OEM however a good friend of mine who is a car fanatic suggested Tokico shocks.... Any ideas? the car has...
6
6

2000 Nissan Maxima Headlight Problem
My headlights works okay except for the low beam on the left side which comes on whenever it feels like it(when turned on). Well, now it does not come on at all. Checked for voltage and found that the...
6
6

"Air Bag" light blinking, 95 Maxima
Dear Group: For no apparent reason, the "Air Bag" LED starts blinking on the dash when the car is running (91K miles). Does that mean a trip to dealer ($$$) to repair it? Thanks for advice. from Henry...
4
4

ABS light, code 25
I have a 2001 max SE and was wondering what code 25 on the ABS code has to do with, my mechanic says he thinks its the front wheel sensor but can't check it because the sensor has no clip, it is hard...
3
3

Brass(?) Piece in Throttle Body Leaking Coolant
Hi, I have a 96 Sentra gxe with 157K miles. 1.6 Liter 4 cyl engine. When the engine is cold and running, I get a drip from somewhere near the beginning of the throttle body. There is a coolant hose...

92 maxima missing on idle and low rpm
My 92 maxima just started missing terribly on low idle and low rpm range. once it gets past about 3500 rpm it clears a little . I am assuming that the problem is plugs and wires . Any thoughts? Also I...
1
1

Grinding noise at startup
My 2000 Max has recently started making a grinding bearing sound when I first start it in the morning. Unfortunately, the sound only lasts about two seconds so I haven't been able to get my head under...
2
2

Strange sound from bottom of the car
Hi. My maxima has a very strange sound. This begun when i had a flat tire, I replace it and all, but when i started to drive a sound like something scratching the front axis came. A friend's car...
2
2

92 Maxima Window problem
My son has a 92 Maxiima SE. Lately the windows won't go all the way up and he has to push them up by hand to get them closed. While driving they will fall down as well or they will just fall down...
2
2

'97 Maxima No Crank / No Start
Any futher ideas/leads would be much appreciated... I have followed Trends on similar problem (No Crank), and followed the Haynes Manuel. I must be overlooking something. I've copied this list from a...
6
6