Brakes

I have an 02 maxima and wanted to get the brakes done, so I purchased wagner thermo quiet pads. Is this a good brand to get.

Reply to
mrb

I've read a lot of good things about Wagner pads... so I'm sure you'll be fine :) I think most brake problems (squeaks, shudder, etc.) are caused by poor installation... yes there are some poor pads available, but I don't think that's the problem in most cases.. it's installers (DIY or mechanics) taking shortcuts, or plain-old just not knowing what they are doing.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Thermo Quiets are a perfect choice. I used them on both of our 2000 Maximas. I replaced mine at 55000 and checked them at 115,000 miles. They still have about 40% of the pad. Unbelievable. I also put them on my daughters 2000 Sentra.

Reply to
Chuckindallas

How is the disk wear?

Chuck> Thermo Quiets are a perfect choice. I used them on both of our 2000

Reply to
AS

Both Maximas had the dreaded front disc shudder. I put Brembos on my car, turned mine and put them on my wifes car and turned hers for spares. Neither of them ever had the shudder reoccur.

Reply to
Chuckindallas