¿Compression Question....

93 Maxima SE 240,000 miles. No smoke, no burn oil. Factory manual says should be 183 w/ min at 142

Cyl. readings are... #1) 198 psi #2) 92 psi #3) 178 psi #4) 185 psi #5) 190 psi #6) 189 psi

Obviously #2 is funky for some reason & my question is why? Luckily it's the head at the front of the car and easily accessed. It's my contention that the higher than spec readings in some of the other cyl is probably due to carbon buildup on the back of the valves and that the low reading is, hopefully/prayfully, due to carbon build up on the backside of the valve & not allowing it to seat all the way.

Any de-carbonizing routine, technique, gimmick, or snake oil out there I can try first before pulling the thing apart for a look-see?

Reply to
How Now