No more smoke.

The 110 Used to smoke a treat on start-up. Having a TD lump I've read many a posting that this is normal.
Well just thought I'd share todays experience. Since I got the 110 the
Battery has been getting progressively lower and lower with cranking getting mighty slow... to the point that today when I got a call to help out the FIL collect a new Washing machine the engine wouldn't turn over.
FEAR NOT! I had a spare battery on the shelf which I'd charged up earlier in the week and been too bone to fit yet.
Fired it up and no smoke! Looks like the glow plugs (new - thanks Nige!) weren't getting hot enough with the old battery and hence a little unburnt diesel smoke on start up.
I'm now running out of methods to annoy the neighbours. :-(
;-)
Lee
--
www.lrproject.com

BEWARE :- It seems many peoples 13mm spanners are being 1/2 inched.......
Dr_D wrote:

Either that or it wasn't cranking fast enough to start on the first compression leaving more diesel in the cylinders by the time it did start.