Constant failing Strarter

Good Day Guy and Gals

I have a 97 Max, and recently it started to give this problem;

The starter died, so I changed it ran fine for one day then it went and died again (this is a brand new one be the way... What to do what to do. I mech said it may be something that's running while it turned off but I hear nothing and the battery isn't dead BTW its still fully charged... Please Help as my car could get me fired from job if I don't find transport soon...

Reply to
KI

Is it a *new* Nissan alt, or is it an aftermarket rebuilt part? Most people have had good experience with Nissan rebuilts and bad experience with cheap (Autozone type) parts. They often fail shortly after installation.

Reply to
Jim

Its the starter and twice it was changed 1st was a rebuilt one then I decided to go to AutoZone then this happened so my question is what may be causing my starter to die that often???

This car is shap>

Reply to
KI

I still don't follow this. The first was a rebuilt and you went to Autozone and got what? Another rebuild? I would guess you are still in need of a GOOD starter. What's likely causing them to fail is poor quality of the replacement parts.

Reply to
Jim

The answer is: you are using cheap parts. Either get used to swapping out these "lifetime warranty" parts or go get one from nissan.

Reply to
Steve T

-- Address is NOT monitored due to SPAM volume from newsgroups. DO NOT REPLY to post directly.

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

The problem might not be the starter, especially if replaced twice. My 95 sometimes fails to crank (repeatedly) when I turn the key. It fires right up when it does crank. But I have not tracked whether it is a problem with the ignition switch or a relay (others have posted about the same problem).

When its starter was going bad some time ago, it had been cranking roughly for quite some time. I replaced it when it finally stopped on its dead spot.

Reply to
David Efflandt

MOST definitely get a Nissan starter, this is a must for this part in particular, yes they are expensive but aftermarket ones are a constant problem. Sometimes you can use "Autozone" type parts but the alternator, starter and a few others are not some of them. About Lifetime replacements from car parts stores, I went through 4 count 'em 4 alternators for a 350 CHEVY engine before I found a good one from Autozone......they can't even get a flippin GM part right, much less an import! Good Luck, Bitsbucket

Reply to
Bitsbucket

Reply to
john smith