Datsun Diesel Maxima

my 1982 has 191K now and in some past posts I have been reading about replacing the injection timing belt, any insights ?

Reply to
Roy G. Biv

Well its been two weeks since I posed the question about the diesel injection pump timing belt and got no responses.

I was able to order the belt from my local napa dealer, under $20.

looks like it will be easiest to go ahead and pull the radiator access the injection belts cover......

all in all this diesels been good to me.

I had an oil leak which started from the housing the oil filter attaches to. was able to get the housing off the engine fairly easily but getting the rest of it apart was a challenge. Once I did get it apart I discovered the Orings had become brittle and lost their resiliance. The smaller Orings were not a problem to find , was not able to locate the larger one at first but I found one by looking at different oil filters, found just the right one & bought the oil filter just for the oring....

about the only other thing I have had to do to the engine was replace the valve cover gasket. Yesterday I was able to get my hands on some

1980's Motor Manuals and Chiltons Manuals, One of them has about 5 pages devoted to the 6 Cylinder Datsun diesel, (there is also some info on the 4 cylinder diesel.)

Reply to
Roy G. Biv