Disconnecting the over 100kph beeper

Our 89 Maxima has a warning chime that comes in above 105 kph. It seems to be the same unit that chimes when you open the drivers door with the ignition still on. I've just spent an infuriating hour dismantling the dash but I canot even locate it. Seems to be mounted on top of the speedo assembley. Is there any way of reajusting it to 110kph or disconnecting it altogether? I'm in New Zealand and this is a Japanese model Maxima.

Reply to
Scottie

altogether?

Oh, man that would be annoying. As I drive routenely 120 -130 K (80+ MPH) for a majority of my commute to work, that would get old very quickly.

Good luck.

Kai Ponte

I don't have an 89, or even looked for it in my 96, but it was located below the hood release behind the driver's side kick panel on my 95 truck and in the same spot on my previous 91 G20. Basically in the space between the door hinges and fender well, so hopefully your 89 is the same. (I wrapped the box in electrical tape so it wouldn't ding so loud with the door open) The chime is difficult to locate because of the frequency.

Reply to
Monte

Hey, look at this -

I don't have an 89, or even looked for it in my 96, but it was located below the hood release behind the driver's side kick panel on my 95 truck and in the same spot on my previous 91 G20. Basically in the space between the door hinges and fender well, so hopefully your 89 is the same. (I wrapped the box in electrical tape so it wouldn't ding so loud with the door open) The chime is difficult to locate because of the frequency.

Reply to
Monte

altogether?

Been there done that with my Jap import J30 at the back of the instrument pack on the speedo traces there is a screw with a small wire attached to it. detach the wire BUT replace the screw otherwise the speedo won't work

Rob (ChCh)

Reply to
Me