Front axle replacement and power steering fluid

A while back I let the dealer replace the left front axle on my 1991 Maxima because "the boot was torn and could not be replaced otherwise." Whatever... But whether I got took is not my question today. I checked my fluid levels recently and noticed the power steering fluid was a little low. Should this be expected after an axle replacement, or should start I worrying about something else?

Reply to
Paul Chinaski

A while back I let the dealer replace the left front axle shaft on my 1991 Maxima because "the boot was torn and could not be replaced otherwise." Whatever, you're the mechanic.

But whether I got took is not the question today... I checked all my fluid levels recently and noticed the power steering fluid was a little low. Is this to be expected following an axle replacement, or should I start worrying about something else?

Reply to
Paul Chinaski

One has nothing to do with the other.

Reply to
JimV

exactly

Just because an axle was replaced has nothing to do with the power steering hydraulic system being low on fluid.

Chances are the high pressure power steering line is leaking and needs to be replaced, this is a common occurrence on older J30 series Maximas

Reply to
NissTech