Maxima 2004 RIMS STOLEN!!!

My cousin in New York City drives a 2004 Maxima. He parked the car in a shady neighborhood, and the next day, the car was found with two jacks suspending the front of the car in the air, and his front wheels were gone, rims + tire.

Insurance covered replacements, but heck, shouldn't Nissan make wheel locks standard on these vehicles? He now has locks on his new wheels which he had to pay separately for.

Also, the thieves didn't touch his headlights, but is there a problem with thieves stealing the headlights for 2004 Maxima's? Is there some sort of lock that he should get from the Nissan dealership to help deter thieves from stealing it?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

View from Space

They are available as an option on most new cars, but not even a $60,000 Lexus has them standard. I don't think wheel locks will stop a determined thief with the right set of tools.

That was a big problem on the 2002-2003 models, the previous generation Maxima. I think they fixed that problem for the 2004 redesign but I'm not sure. see >>

Dave Stone

But most importantly, any major city in the world has a lot of crime, especially car theft. (some exceptions may be Tokyo, Japan, where crime is relatively low) There is no need to single out NYC......anything can happen anywhere.

Reply to
Chris

Who leaves a 2004 Maxima parked unattended in a 'shady' neighborhood anyway? The guy's either a dealer or he's hangin' and bangin' with the wrong crowd. Can anyone say NAIVE? Frickin' rims and tires? That's sad.

Reply to
PathfinderHero