How to change front rotors on 97 Maxima?

How do you remove the front rotors, and what are a good pad to use, that won't grind, make any type of noise. Thanks Chad.

Reply to
Chad.

You remove the caliper and then nudge the rotor off (or use the two screw holes to force it off with I think M8 bolts).

OEM are quiet pads with good performance. Raybestos Quietstops are another good choice too.

A lot of performance pads often squeel or are harsh on rotors or dust tremendously.

If you OEM brake shims are in bad condition, get a set of new shims or you will have noise in no time. I think the Raybestos QS come with shims on them. Consider CNC Brake Disc Quiet goop on the back of the pads.

CW

Reply to
CW

M8 are for the rear rotors. Front rotors require M10 bolts.

Reply to
Daniel