injectors

I have a bad injector, so I got a set from a low-mileage donor via ebay. Just got them, and on 3 of the 6, there is a plastic 'tip' (injector end) that is quite broken. Are these supposed to be removable? Might I be able to swap them from my old ones, or can I buy news ones? How does one disassemble the injector to rebuild it if they want? No, I am not going to, I just wondered if they can be disassembled... Thanks!

-mike w

Reply to
mike w

Might give this a try before you pull things apart replacing injectors. Get some BG44K from a shop that uses BG products and dump into gas tank. Especially if injector is inderneath manifold.

My 93 SE has 280K miles on it. Just last week discovered injector plugged or clogged - center, in back, beneath intake manifold. BG44K into tank & 1 day later the thing unclogs. Best $22.50 spent. Was important to clear this injector since compression in 5 cylinders runs

187-196# except for one that's 64#. Front left side. Easy to get to injector that I replaced 2 years ago thinking it was out. Had I run a compression test at that time I'd have realized it was valves & not injector. That's how I noticed a cylinder went down last week - from a V5.33 to V4.33 engine - start running on 4.33 cylinders & you'll notice something's not right.

Running with all the ORIGIONAL injectors except for the one I replaced on the weak cylinder which wasn't defective. Moral of the story is to give this BG stuff a try for a tank or two before you spend a couple of days pulling things apart.

Locate a shop close by & buy a can. Available at pro repair shops only. No Autozone/Pep Boys, etc.

I have a bad injector, so I got a set from a low-mileage donor via ebay.

Reply to
error404