inradio

I have a 96 maxima and the antenea is not going up or down, however I can hear the motor running when I turn the radio on. The noise has not bothered me and I get good reception. However, the running of the motor turned into a banging sound which is very bothersome. It also runs longet than usual. I am thinking of taking out the fuse to the motor. I don't know which fuse to take out and am not sure if this will fix the problem noise without loosing music from the radio. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Reply to
tomrf3

If the motor is running, but the antenna is not coming out, either the cable is broken or the antenna has actually been ejected and is no longer in there. The antenna motor is powered by fuse #40 7.5 amp. Hard to tell from the diagram in the FSM, but it looks like it should be on the main fuse block. The antenna also gets power from the radio when it is turned on, so it might still run even if you pull the antenna fuse. Try it & find out.

You should not lose reception by pulling the fuse. The '96 actually has 2 antennas, the rod and wires in the back window. Chances are, you are already getting all your reception through the back window wire.

Reply to
e.meyer

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:9ca0086c-d768-4080-8152-e22faa2534a6 @a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Fing the antenna assembly and unplug the wire harness. But not the coax cable.

Reply to
Gordon